Urgent prayer request

I just spoke with our social worker. She submitted our home study to the agency committee, thinking we were going to be approved with no difficulty. Upon looking at our finances, the committee is concerned that we cannot afford the approximately $25,000 price tag and they may not approve our homestudy. They're right- we can't afford the price tag. We are planning on writing a support letter as well as applying for an adnoption grant and possible adoption loan. But we cannot apply for those things without a completed homestudy. Our social worker will present that information to the committee next week- and she is unsure what they will have to say. I am trying my best to not be discouraged and to trust... I know that God desires this for our family. I know that He has already provided the money for the adoption. We just don't know where it is yet. Please pray with us. Pray that we will be approved. And pray that we will find God's provisions for this adoption. Thank you for partnering with us!

7 comments:

Ross and Taya said...

We're praying!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, I was on the SCC site and saw your post. We are adopting also. We recieved a grant from Shaohannah's Hope. I don't understand why you had to go through all the process if the agency didn't think you could provide the money eventually. We raised money by yard sales, jewelry parties, papmpered chef parities etc. You'd be surprised how much money these can raise. Maybe if you tell the agency you are planning fundraisers they will go ahead and approve you so you can apply for grants. You might could talk to some other agencies and see what their advice is. We are adopting form China so we are in the long long wait(2 years). I will be praying for you and I hope some of these ideas will help.
Tammie Ross

Anonymous said...

Kelsey, I saw it on Jim Houser's blog,too. We have a child from China.

Whart agency are you using? I think $25,000 sounds really high. Ethiopia is supposed to be one of the less expensive countries.

I'd check with Christian World Adoption (www.cwa.org)and get a price comparison. Maybe the Lord is just directing you to another program before you commit that money?

Janis

Anonymous said...

It sounds high, but it's not. When MB said on Larry King that it was about $18k I nearly choked. Sure, the adoption is about that, but you still have to TRAVEL. So, yep, the price tag is probably right.

We are Dave Ramseying and we are brainstorming ideas for money. I am in a group on Facebook that is for affording international adoption. That's helpful!

We can't apply for many of the grants yet, either because we haven't gotten the copy of our homestudy, but we'll do that asap after getting it.

Anonymous said...

China is less than $25,000 including travel and Ethiopia has been a good bit less than China. I don't want to say an amount because I haven't checked the prices in the last year. But Ethiopia is one of the most affordable countries.

Janis

Mason Mama said...

Hey guys, it is me Candace from the BBQ at the Teabos. I just wanted to say that we are praying for you and we just hope that you try to remain faithful to the plan during all of this. We know how incredibly crazy this process can be (we had our own small/large bump that almost prevented us from being approved too) and we just hope that they will see that you are willing to do whatever it takes to bring that child home and we both know that God will provide. Hang in there

Amy T. said...

I am just curious as to why so many people adopt out of Country if so much money is needed and it is questioned where you will get it from? I have 3 beautiful Children who are all siblings that I adopted locally. I did not have to spend any money at all, the ministry pays for everything including court. The kids locally need great homes too. Is it an age think, meaning they will be younger if it is international? Just curious:)